The Cherry Hill African American Civic Association (CHAACA), formerly the Cherry Hill Minority Civic Association, was organized in 1978 by a concerned group of African American residents. CHAACA has been recognized by Cherry Hill Township, Cherry Hill Board of Education and the New Jersey General Assembly. CHAACA is built upon three pillars; Unity, Service, Purpose, all of which hold up the mission of the organizations to:
- Provide a vehicle for the participation of African American residents in Cherry Hill in the community life.
- Provide a collective voice for residents to exercise their rights and responsibilities as citizens.
- Ensure the welfare of African American youth in the home, school, and community.
- Serve as a platform to encourage the appointment and election of African Americans in positions of leadership.
- Provide the African American community with information on important political issues while remaining nonpartisan.
Join Us! New members are always welcomed. $25 per individual, $50 per family membership collected annually in October.
Pay securely by credit or debit card or contact to pay by Check or Money Order.
Executive Board Members
Tina Truitt, President
Danny Elmore 1st Vice President
Bill McCargo, 2nd Vice President
Anita Wade, Treasurer
Cathleen Jenkins, Financial Secretary
Corrien Elmore-Stratton, Secretary
Yolanda McClain, Corresponding
Emma Waring Parliamentarian
Standing Committee Chairs
Programs – Cathleen Jenkins
Amenities – Cora Williams
Membership – Open
Fundraising – Corrien Elmore-Stratton
Scholarships – Pat McCargo
Publicity – Corrien Elmore-Stratton
Closed Executive Board Meetings – Monthly, Last Tuesday of the Month
General Membership Meetings – Monthly, First Tuesday of the Month
Contact Us (856) 520-8865 l P. O. Box 1404 Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
Cherry Hill African American Civic Association is a non-partisan, 501(c)3 Non-profit Organization.