The Cherry Hill African American Civic Association (CHAACA), formerly the Cherry Hill Minority Civic Association, was organized in 1978 by a concerned group of African American residents. CHAACA has been recognized by Cherry Hill Township, Cherry Hill Board of Education and the New Jersey General Assembly. CHAACA is built upon three pillars; Unity, Service, Purpose, all of which hold up the mission of the organizations to:
- Provide a vehicle for the participation of African American residents in Cherry Hill in the community life.
- Provide a collective voice for residents to exercise their rights and responsibilities as citizens.
- Ensure the welfare of African American youth in the home, school, and community.
- Serve as a platform to encourage the appointment and election of African Americans in positions of leadership.
- Provide the African American community with information on important political issues while remaining nonpartisan.
*** The Cherry Hill African American Civic Association would like to speak with any candidate who took the test for the Cherry Hill Fire Department in 2018. If you or someone you know took the Oral, Physical, Written tests or completed the application process, please contact us as soon as possible.
News and Events
Celebrating 42 years of existence and 38 years of scholarships! Saturday April 27, 2018 12 pm- 4 pm (Cash bar) […]
President’s Day Weekend Concert Bus Express Trip – Patti LaBelle Live Deadline for Ticket Purchases 1/26/18
Come see Patti LaBelle and The Delfonics. Due to popular demand, we're trying to get a 2nd bus. ALL payments must be paid online through our NEW PayPal account for $142.50. The deadline for this will be Friday, January 26th.
Closed Executive Board Meetings – Monthly, Last Tuesday of the Month
Contact Us (856) 520-8865 l P. O. Box 1404 Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
Cherry Hill African American Civic Association is a non-partisan, 501(c)3 Non-profit Organization.