The Cherry Hill African American Civic Association (CHAACA), formerly the Cherry Hill Minority Civic Association, was organized in 1978 by a concerned group of African American residents. CHAACA has been recognized by Cherry Hill Township, Cherry Hill Board of Education and the New Jersey General Assembly. CHAACA is built upon three pillars; Unity, Service, Purpose, all of which hold up the mission of the organizations to:
- Provide a vehicle for the participation of African American residents in Cherry Hill in the community life.
- Provide a collective voice for residents to exercise their rights and responsibilities as citizens.
- Ensure the welfare of African American youth in the home, school, and community.
- Serve as a platform to encourage the appointment and election of African Americans in positions of leadership.
- Provide the African American community with information on important political issues while remaining nonpartisan.
Closed Executive Board Meetings – Monthly, Last Tuesday of the Month
Contact Us (856) 520-8865 l P. O. Box 1404 Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
Cherry Hill African American Civic Association is a non-partisan, 501(c)3 Non-profit Organization.